Ticket and Theater Guidelines for the Marionette Theater
- Every person - regardless of age - entering our theater must be issued a ticket.
- We operate an intimate live theater and PER THE DALLAS FIRE MARSHALL, must issue each person that enters our theater a specific seat. This includes infants and lap children.
- Although we encourage families with young children to participate in the live theater experience, most of our shows are designed for children of 5 - 15 years of age. Although some children as young as three enjoy and love our shows, we expect all persons who enter our theater to abide by a standard rule of theater etiquette.
- We allow up to (4) four discounted, reduced, complimentary, or other type ticketing per family or group per show. Full and regular ticketing price will be charged for any members of the same party exceeding (4) tickets. This includes tickets purchased through discount sites such as GROUPON or LIVING SOCIAL.
- We do not sit or guarentee that seperate parties or seperate reservations will sit together. For parties larger than (4) desiring to sit together, all tickets must be purchased together, or reserved online and additional tickets purchased at regular price. The (4) maximum discount ticket guideline applies to all shows and groups.
- The only exception to the (4) ticket rule are tickets purchased with a PROMO CODE through the etix website.
- The marionette theater is a fun and exciting interactive theater experience, incorporating staging, sound, lighting, and special effects into the storyline. Some of these effects include, fog, smoke, flash pots, strobes, bright lighting effects, snow blowers, flame effects and black lighting effects. Please be advised that young children may be frightened of such. Most of the shows have a recommended minimum age of 3 - 5 years+.
- We do not refund tickets for children removed from the auditorium during the show.
- Lights in the auditorium are lowered during the show. All patrons are expected to remain seated and non-disruptive during the show.
- Strollers, child carriers, or backpacks are not permitted inside Geppetto’s Theater auditorium due to safety and fire regulations.
- We do not allow drop-off or unattended children that are younger than 16.
- Show length and time spent in the theater is generally one hour. Our show does not have an intermission.
- Those who arrive after the show has begun will be be held in the lobby til an appropriate time that they can be seated without disrupting the audience members, or denied entrance if such opportunity is not available or if the show has progressed beyond 15 minutes.
- The theater box office opens one hour prior to show time.
- We open the theater auditorium 30 minutes prior to show time.
- Outside food or drink are not allowed in our facility.
- A concession stand with popcorn, candy, soft drinks, bottled water and other items opens 45 minutes before each show and only those items may be brought into the theater auditorium.
- We validate parking for patrons which limits the parking cost to $5.00, regardless of the time spent at Geppetto's. Parking is paid at exit so please get a validation ticket from us before leaving the theater.
- For the enjoyment of all patrons, we respectfully ask that all disruptive children (including crying infants) be taken from the auditorium.
- Our policy for refunds.
Final Note to Parents
A live theater performance can be very exciting, especially for children. All of the people involved in the production, both puppeteers and crew, work very hard to be sure they give a great performance. It is the job of the audience members to help the performers give their best performance possible. The audience can do this by practicing and discussing these simple rules of theater etiquette with their children beforehand.
Read Our Promise to Parents